Monday, May 31

Remembrance Day

I've always thought that Memorial Day could be better served with a better name, but I can work with it. :-)

My family and I are spending a relaxing holiday weekend at home, visiting friends and getting ready for the last week of school. Why we must go back to school after the unofficial start to summer is beyond me, but I don't get to make the rules.

I hope you and yours are enjoying this holiday weekend as well. Please remember to take a moment out of your festivities to truly remember the reason for the holiday. Give thanks for all the soldiers past and present that do such a tremendous job on their missions. While I have not always agreed with some of those missions, I have always admired the ability of servicemen/women to do their jobs honorably. And I have also equally admired their families for all the sacrifices they have given to our country as well.

Thank you, veterans and soldiers, for all you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment